Table of Contents
What is a Membership Site?
A membership site, like the one above, is a private website, with exclusive content available only to the signed-up members.
It usually provides members with the ability to interact with each other. They pay a monthly fee for being a member of the website.
People who like to interact with, guide, and lead a community.
1. In-depth knowledge of any particular domain.
2. Ability to research new things and constantly generate new and helpful content.
Time Required For Creating A Membership Site –
Depends on the domain expertise of the creator.
1. In the beginning, keep the fee for joining the membership site ridiculously low. Aim to create a minimum viable product instead of creating a perfect product. You can always improve your site in later stages.
2. If you’ve never been a part of any membership site till now, consider joining a few related to your domain. Study those sites.
3. Find what’s working well for you and other members of that site? What’s makes it worth the monthly fee and how could you replicate this?
4. Interact and engage with members. Your membership site shouldn’t be the one that the only drip feeds the content, with little or no input from the owner.
You must provide insider access for your members who want to communicate with you. Even if you’re busy, you must spend at least half an hour a day to get involved with your membership site.
You can do this in many ways, such as you can interact with the members answer their questions, or even lead an interaction inside the forum.
5. Run group events and challenges to increase members’ engagement with your site. Organize regular events, challenges, or similar.
Make it easy for members to participate. Offer prizes, display leaderboards, or similar such things create a great incentive for members to participate and get involved.
6. Periodically review what’s working and what isn’t. Try to adapt the site based on the members’ needs.
For example, if you offer most of your content in text format but your members are engaging more with the video content then shift from text-based to video content.
7. Try to introduce new initiatives and see how your audience is responding to it. Such as live Q&A calls or similar.
But be careful, don’t overwhelm members with several different initiatives at once. Introduce one thing at a time.
How to Monetize
Monetization is very simple. More members sign up to your website more income you generate from the monthly fees that members pay.
And Before You leave
If you have always wanted to really be a part of the online, money-making, get-rich-quick, billionaires and millionaires who seem to live the Laptop Lifestyle, won’t you give yourself a chance today?!
Just a try?
I have tried and tested everything; and when I say everything, I really mean that I have tried EVVVVVERYTHING.
And after two full years of wasted time and money, I am today a part of the Wealthy Affiliate family and community, and I believe I have found my place in the online world. I have come to the definitive conclusion that very few programs really work. And Wealthy Affiliate is one of them. It has worked wonders for me, and it will for you too.
Try it; it’s FREE.
To boldly go where no man has gone before! That sure sounds like me. Except, I prefer Star-Wars to Star-Trek.
Happy. Smart. Strong. Sometimes silly. Straight up class act. Compulsive risk-taker. Adventurer. Traveler. Recovering cake addict. Only Jack Daniels with coke, thank you. Living my dreams.
Simple but significant. Anything but predictable. I see beauty in everything. And I truly believe that the best things come from living outside of your comfort zone. I practice what I post. I’d rather be hated for who I am than be loved for who I am not.
Join me in my quest for excellence. Dare to dream big. Meanwhile, may the force be with you!